GO “FLAPLESS” WITH PRK
* Soft contact lenses need to be removed 2 weeks prior to pre-op and/or wavescan appointment(s)
* RGP contact lenses need to be removed 3 weeks prior to pre-op and/or wavescan appointment(s)
1. If you wear contact lenses (hard, gas permeable, or soft) remove them at least 3 weeks before your pre-operative appointment. The Doctor may give you more specific instructions for your individual care.
2. Remove all make-up and earrings the day of the procedure.
3. Abstain from wearing perfume, cologne, after-shave, or scented body lotions. Fragrances interfere with the laser beam.
4. Wear comfortable loose clothing and low-heeled shoes.
5. You may eat a light meal the day of the procedure.
6. Continue to take any of your routine medications.
7. You may have a prescription to have filled before the procedure. Bring this medication to the laser center with you.
8. You can anticipate being at the laser center for about 1-2 hours. We ask that you arrive 1 hour before the procedure is scheduled.
9. You must have a driver available to provide transportation to and home from the laser facility.